NARI has developed a strong network of knowledgeable speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the remodeling industry.
Each year, we deliver dozens of live educational webinars to give you access to the most up-to-date content.
These educational sessions will give you many actionable ideas you can implement in your company to boost profitability and overall operational effectiveness.
Each webinar is worth one Continuing Education Unit (hour).
Creating an Exit Strategy
August 15, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Most contractors are an independent sort—they start their own business, begin small, and then over time grow to a certain success level. But at some point every business owner faces an inevitable (and extremely important) question—How do I leave my business, on my own terms, and in my best financial interests? Creating an Exit Strategy explores the almost-never-mentioned topic of how a construction owner can successfully retire. The two primary exit strategies will be discussed, along with the important questions each owner must answer to make the best decision based on his or her unique needs and wants.
- Understand the two primary strategies—a short-term solution (fast money, less risk, but less long-term potential) and the long-term solution (less immediate money, more risk, but also the potential for greater long-term gain)
- How to choose between the two strategies
- Key steps to take once an exit strategy has been chosen
15 Avoidable Ways to Lose Money as a Contractor
August 27, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Sometimes, a job goes south because of a devastating weather event, the loss of key personnel due to injury, material or equipment failure, or other circumstances that can wreck profit. But, there are also many habits, practices, and decisions based on misinformation and inaccurate “truisms” that contractors unknowingly engage in. These may have just as devastating impact on your bottom line, but without the accompanying drama.
This session looks at common misconceptions, habits and practices that may be robbing you of profit.
- “Bust” several common contractor “myths”
- Review common practices that reduce profit
- Reveal impact of keeping the status quo
- Provide list of positive, profit-inducing alternatives
Creating and Making Money with a Real Lead Carpenter System
September 10, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
The lead carpenter system is so far the greatest production method to impact the remodeling industry. Many companies are enjoying the countless advantages this system helps facilitate including higher profits, better customer satisfaction and employee retention. Yet most companies, as well as many carpenters calling themselves lead carpenters, don’t really understand the roles and responsibilities of a “true” lead carpenter. Before you can hire or train employees to implement the system at your company, you must understand what is really expected of the business as well as a Lead Carpenter. Attend this presentation before you make assumptions. You might be surprised at what a real Lead Carpenter System can do for your business and aspiring field employees!
By attending this presentation you will learn:
- How the business, business owner and Lead Carpenters can benefit from a real Lead Carpenter System.
- Roles and responsibilities of the business as well as the Lead Carpenter.
- How and why the system and Lead Carpenters help the business earn more money
- The most common reasons for failure.